A traditional, versatile Mexican staple that has a nice balance of sweet and spice. Thanks to realmomkitchen.com!
Pork Carnitas (Slow Cooker)
Author: Laura, realmomkitchen.com
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2½ – 3 lb. pork loin roast
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp beef bouillon granules or 1 cube crushed
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- ½ cup orange juice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, optional
- In a dry skillet, sear all sides of the roast until brown. Set roast aside.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, bouillon, salt, and pepper. Use the mixture to coat all sides of the seared roast.
- Place roast in a slow cooker and cover with any of the brown sugar/spice mixture.
- Add the orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, and cilantro to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or 5-6 hours on high.
- Remove roast and shred. Place shredded roast back in slow cooker to absorb cooking juices.
- Serve meat in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, or enchiladas.
Brought to you by Real Mom Kitchen