Thank you Cynthia, with tasteslikehome.org, for this simple egg salad recipe. Add just enough mayonnaise to make it creamy, but not runny.
Fuss-Free Egg Salad
Author: Cynthia, tasteslikehome.org
Recipe type: salad
- 4 eggs, room temperature, boiled, cooled and chopped in large pieces
- 2 - 3 teaspoons real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- ¼ teaspoon table salt (or to suit your taste)
- A few grinds of fresh black pepper
- Optional: a small squirt of lime or lemon juice
- 1 scallion/green onion sliced thinly, white and green parts
- Add all the ingredients except the green onions/scallion to a bowl - mash and mix. Do not over mash, you want the eggs to have some texture.
- Fold in the green onions.
- Serve immediately or chill in an airtight container until ready to serve (best consumed with 2 days).
Brought to you by Tastes Like Home