With the weather warming up, we felt like having a refreshing pasta salad to accompany our grilled pork chops. This is a great pasta salad to make your own. Use what you have in the fridge. Feel free to switch out the dressing, cheese, or veggies to create a new flavor. We chose to go Italian, but why not Greek or Spanish?
Spring Into Summer Pasta Salad
Author: Meredith Lacie Fuller
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 lb. pasta (we used tri-color rotini)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 5-6 large, fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 2 handfuls arugula/spinach salad mix
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 hot cherry pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- ¾ cup salad dressing (we used home-made Italian)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- Prepare pasta according to instructions. Strain and let cool. Bring to room temperature.
- Add all remaining ingredients and give it a good stir.
- Cover and store in fridge for at least an hour. The longer the better. The pasta salad will taste better the next day.