Making sushi at home might be easier than you think! We do it all the time. Jenny at savourthesensesblog.com shares her recipe for sushi rice and a spicy tuna roll. Thanks, Jenny!
Sushi Rice & Spicy Tuna Sushi
Recipe type: Sushi
- SUSHI RICE
- 2 cups sushi rice, rinsed several times and drained
- water, see package for directions
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup Mirin, rice wine
- 2 tsp salt
- SPICY TUNA FILLING
- sashimi fish (as much as you want)
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chili paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 scallion, sliced
- SUSHI RICE DIRECTIONS
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Once the rice is cooked, gently fold in the remaining ingredients and season to taste. Be careful not to overwork the rice or it will fall apart.
- SPICY TUNA FILLING DIRECTIONS
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well to combine.
- Toss sashimi fish to make filling for Norimaki rolls.
Brought to you by Savour the Senses