Because “no one wants to bake lasagna in the oven in the middle of the summer”. What a terrific idea, thanks to realmomkitchen.com!
Author: Laura, realmomkitchen.com
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tbsp. basil or 2 tbsp. pesto
- 1 tsps salt
- 1 (26 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown beef until fully cooked. Drain off any grease.
- Add the garlic, parsley, basil, salt, marinara sauce, and tomato sauce to the beef. Let mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place ¼ of the meat mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker. Spread to cover the pan.
- Place ⅓ of the uncooked noodles on top of the sauce in the slow cooker. You can break them to get them to fit/
- In a bowl combine 2 cups of the mozzarella with the cottage cheese. Spoon ⅓ of the cheese mixture over the noodles in the slow cooker.
- Repeat layers 2 more times and finish by topping with the remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Top with remaining 2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Cover with the lid and let cook for 10 more minutes of until cheese is melted.
Brought to you by Real Mom Kitchen