Chickpea Baby Food Recipe 6 Months & up
Author: Meredith Lacie Fuller
Recipe type: Baby Food
Trial size chickpea garbanzo bean recipe.
- 5 chickpeas AKA garbanzo beans (from a can is fine)
- rice cereal and breast milk/water/formula to desired textured
- OK, so I know the ingredients are a little vague, but that's the glory of making your own baby food. You don't have to be precise in measurements.
- Start with the chickpeas...If you're using canned all you have to do is strain about 5 or 6 chickpeas and then soak in hot water.
- I allowed mine to soak for about 2-3 minutes.
- Mash with a fork to a fine texture.
- Add the rice cereal and mash more.
- Add breast milk or water (baby safe) to desired creamy texture.
- Remember when introducing your baby to new foods (like this) that you'll need to allow a few days between the next "new food" for signs of allergies (although uncommon in garbanzo beans).
Now that we have a 6 month old in the house, we’ve started to experiment with making our own baby food! Here’s how you too can sample a chickpea baby food recipe without making an entire batch. see recipe